The Embassy of People's Democratic Republic of Algeria

The procedures to open an economic representative office in Algeria , as follow:


7 ème   réunion des Ministres des Affaires Etrangères

des pays...



National Passport

Passport establishment, renewal and extention.

Algerian nationals residing in Indonesia,  Brunei Darussalam  or Singapore and duly registered with the Algerian Embassy can apply for the issue of a passport.

1) The requirements for establishing, renewing or extending a passport are :

  • presentation of the consular registration card
  • return of the expired passport
  • an application form duly completed
  • married woman or divorcee should provide a marriage certificate or a divorce judgment
  • five (05) recent photographs of same print (passport size)
  • Payment by bank transfer of the amount of US$ 25,-.

Nationals not residing in Jakarta should allow a prepaid envelope for the return of their documents or pay the delivery fees by DHL plus US$ 5,- for bank commission. The delivery fees are : US$ 25,- for  Brunei Darussalam,  Singapore. Nationals are also free to choose any other delivery company.

Please avoid using check or draft-check.

2) The passport for under age children.

Children aged fifteen and more can be provided with an individual passport.
Children under the age of fifteen are born on the father's passport and /or the mother's (provided a paternal authorization is issued). In both cases, the file is made up of the following documents:

  • a birth certificate of the child, except if the document is part of the parents' file
  • a paternal authorization with regard to passport establishment (form provided by the Embassy)
  • five (05) photographs and make the payment for the establishment of passport
  • two (02) recent photographs of the child if he or she should be attached to the passport of one of the parents or legal guardian
  • Transfer to the Embassy Account in the case where an individual passport is requested
  • a prepaid envelope for the return of documents
  • the presentation of the father's registration card, or the mother's, when the latter is registered as the principal.

3) Loss and deterioration of passport

In the case where the passport is lost, misplaced or deteriorated, the applicant must ask the local competent authorities to issue a loss declaration specifying the place and circumstances of the loss, inform immediately the consular section of the district where he lives abroad, or the nearest consulate or embassy.
Any loss or deterioration of a passport requires a minimum of three months before it could be renewed. Furthermore and in accordance with the law, a penalty of $US 50,- must be paid for the renewal of a passport lost.